Barclays offered a relaxed working environment, however, the business was constantly changing and moving forward which I understand is necessary for business growth but was not ideal for employees with particular skill sets.
Senior Administrative Assistant | Coventry | 5 Mar 2020
Pleasant working environment
Each day is varied and inconsistent. Barclays are undergoing major restructuring so it is difficult to know whether you will be in a job in the near future.
Consnot knowing how long you will be employed for
Quality Assurance Manager | Leeds | 4 Mar 2020
Great company to work for
great flexible and dynamic working hours, competitive salary, very much focused on staff well being.
Rewarded for hard work and delivering om results.
Change Manager | United Kingdom | 16 Jan 2020
Good place to work friendly, management team are collaborative and there is a great work lifestyle balance within the function that I am working within
Director of Business Development | Canary Wharf | 9 Oct 2019
Plenty of scope and opportunity, if you are motivated enough
- There is and will always be an inherent Banking style culture at Barclays: tradition, legacy, heritage, hierachy
- One of the more forward thinking banks with regards to digital products
- Career development will be rewarded as a result of personal sacrifice and motivation, but expect a rollercoaster of emotion along the way (especially at the End of Year review process)
- Many people are genuine and good to work with, but with any organisation there are those with limited management experience, who will do anything to progress their own careers no matter what the cost
Administrator | Glasgow | 24 Jul 2013
Very hard work to dead lines
I worked to the deadlines set with very minimum errors working within a dedicated team of co workers I always was on hand to help with any training required, the managers were always on hand to help with any problems requiring there attention, This was a very stressful job which I thrived on and always felt I achieved my goals,
Proswe did a lot of charity events
Conslong hours with no overtime paid or time fiven
Senior Office Assistant | London | 21 Jan 2021
Nice friendly work environment
Barclays has a strong collaborative company culture, and the management is generally approachable: they look after their staff, but most administrative jobs are truly boring and with low or no chance of professional development. The technology is out of date and the response of the IT help desk often inadequate.
ProsGood company culture, nice work enviroment, good employee benefits
ConsNot great opportunities for career development, terrible IT helpdesk
Delivery Driver | London | 8 Feb 2020
great team, great experience and a great view, hard working and fast paced with lots of change and challenges to be faced. The people are good to work with
Change Manager | Leeds | 19 Feb 2015
Change Coordinator – Barclays Bank PLC
Oct 2012 - Present
• Maintaining records management, working and coordinating with Stakeholders ensuring that they are updated with meetings, taking minutes, booking appointments, performing daily MI reports, having the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Collecting data analysis and ensuring that all records are maintained and looked in to effectively in order to ensure that the business has the relevant information that is required.
• Obtaining information from all parts of the business in order to plan for the future with statistics recorded.
• Completing complex admin tasks which involve various advanced excel skills such as – running reports against spreadsheets and locating missing information via reports and managing this data specifically and analysing key changes within the trends set. Implement procedures and processes maintain and distribute accordingly. Deal with any problematic solutions within a timely manner and remain focused.
• Whilst considering financial changes to implement, I will always ensure that I am focusing on improvement to prevent AML and legal structures which may impact the operation.
• One of my recent projects involved coordinating a 200-page operational instruction proposal: I proofed and edited the narratives provided by the division head, formatted spreadsheets, and generally made sure
Performer | Manchester | 14 Jan 2014
Fast paced and customer centric
* Review daily/weekly/monthly lending performance at individual/team/sales manager/site level. Create spreadsheet analysing performance. Report performance in daily buzz meeting and highlight areas of focus.
* Meet individually with team leaders to discuss their focus and what support mechanism they require.
* Conduct coaching call monitoring or side by side coaching with advisors, set goals or follow up on previous actions.
* Deliver training sessions to teams based on lending and customer survey results.
* Monitor daily performance against target and other sites and update sales managers.
I learned I have the ability to connect with all my colleagues in a supportive and positive way.
My management and co-workers trusted my abilities and drive to get results where and when it was needed.
The hardest part of the job was the last 9 months as the site was going through redundancy, The people lost their drive and positive attitude and as the months went on and people moved on to new jobs the site became almost ghost town like at times. Apart from that coaching under performers with no drive to want to better their results was difficult however looking back at the results I helped them achieve gives me pride and a proud feeling.
The most enjoyable part of the job was hearing customers comments towards some of the advisors I was supporting. There's no better better feeling at a place of work knowing you've satisfied your customer beyond their expectations whether i
ProsBeing lending champion for the site and a trusted colleague of the head of the contact centre
Questions and answers about Barclays
How does someone get hired at Barclays? What are the steps along the way?
Asked 30 Mar 2017
Applied online, went through a online assessment and found that I passed. After 2weeks received a phone call interview which I also passed and on the same day did a video interview and 2 days later another phone call offering the job. I found it very interesting and original.
Answered 17 Dec 2018
30 min phone interview and then an hour face to face interview.
Once passed then have to wait for screening. Hireright did my screening and they have asked for proof of previous employment. Could be bank statement's showing money coming in, payslips and p60s.
Answered 6 Apr 2018
What is the interview process like at Barclays?
Asked 20 Mar 2017
For the underwriting executive role - it started with a 30 min phone call centered around the barclays values and ethic's. You had to give work example's showing those values 'respect', 'ethical', 'flexible etc. You would obtain the barclays values template from the barclays recruitment department anyway before the phone interview take place. It's just the case, structuring you work experiences around it.
Once pass, you will be invited for a face to face interview. The recruiter will speak to you of the date and venue it will take place and documentation to bring. Most importantly, they will attach about 4 key points where the interview will test you on. Again, you will have to give work of life examples on how you conducted this. It very much involve the STAR technique so would advise people to learn that and apply it for interviews. The interview will take place for an hour and you would have one person asking the questions and another taking notes. Around about 2 working day, they will give you a call whether you have passed or not.
This was my experience of those two interviews, could be different to you lot as you may have applied completely different jobs.
Answered 6 Apr 2018
My interview was unusual because I knew the interviewer from gambler's anonymous
Answered 19 Dec 2017
How are the working hours at Barclays?
Asked 18 Sep 2017
Long and unpredictable - usually 08:00 - 18:30 or later
Answered 21 Sep 2018
Answered 1 Jul 2018
What is the work attire?
Asked 14 Aug 2017
Smart casual business attire
Answered 17 May 2019
Suit and tie
Answered 29 Dec 2017
What should you wear to an interview at Barclays?
Asked 2 Feb 2018
Casual business clothing for example a black pencil skirt, a shirt and a blazer