Greater Manchester - £30,000 - £35,000k
This role would ideally suit an individual with in depth experience of ERP/MRP systems to ensure accurate information is gathered for making production decisions.
The company are a world leader in the design and manufacture of automated robotic machinery used globally. They are a growing business continually looking to improve the standard of their product and need the best people available to achieve this.
In the job role you will be working within the existing production planning team. This is a new role and which has been created due to growth in the company.
To be successful the company are looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic individual that will relish working in a fast moving and changing environment. You will need to be strong minded and able to make decisions in a pressurised environment. You will also need to be methodical with an excellent attention for detail. The successful candidate will need to be able to see the bigger picture and ensure the data taken out of the system is accurate. An in depth knowledge of how to use MRP in relation to production planning is essential - with a preference for having applied this in an engineering production environment.
- Reviews of MRP and similar applications multiple times weekly per area to assure timely responsiveness to changes in demand.
- Able to research and analyse root causes of late deliveries in support of corrective actions needed to drive delivery improvement. Also able to perform similar actions proactively for future demand.
- Place orders with suppliers in response to planning requirements. Exercise judgment for appropriate purchase quantities and requirements dates to balance both service level and inventory.
- Support lean material flow initiatives.
- Participate on PPI, LEAN, SAP, Safety and other Project Teams as assigned.
- Generate Performance Metrics reports for stock availability, lead time and backorders as required to communicate production status throughout the organization.
- Participate in labor planning analysis and recommend staffing levels to manufacturing operations.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, APICS certification preferred
- 3-5 years minimum experience in material planning
- Improvement teams and activities preferred
- Basic understanding of Oracle (or similar) MRP based planning systems.
- Demonstrated Material related analytical skills such as setting up a forecast, safety stocks, shortage lists, material assessment reports, etc.
- Abilities to handle multiple competing priorities, such as prioritizing orders running through the same work center due on the same date with capacity constraints.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills at all levels of the organization and maintain confidentiality to people outside the organization.
- Required sense of urgency, and the ability to provide detailed information when needed
This is an outstanding opportunity for training, individual support and structured career path which is second to none. If you feel this is a role you could prove yourself in and are looking for an opening where prospects are limited only by your aspirations then apply now for an immediate interview.
If you want to be part of a growing business, who manufacture on-site and have excellent opportunities to progress in the long-term, please don't hesitate to apply or call
Sarah Farrugia at Perpetual Partnerships Ltd (part of the Cygnet Group Ltd) *************