Working Times: Various hours - Days & Nights (Full and Part Time Hours)
Rates of Pay: from £9.00 per hour Plus
The role entitles a unique experience carrying out a wide range of tasks based on the individual needs and daily routines of a 32 year old male, tetraplegic wheelchair users. You will be providing flexible support with things like personal care, health care, domestic tasks, employment and social activities.
The candidate must be willing to use own initiative, have good social and organisational skills, with some flexibility.
No experience needed as training will be given.
Duties (As required, instructed or directed by employer)
- Assist with personal care support: -
- Assist with dressing.
- Assist with transfers to and from wheelchair.
- Preparation of breakfast, lunch, and evening meals.
- Assist employer if required during sleep-over.
- Assist with catheterisation support if required (eg emptying leg bags) and medication.
- General household duties: -
- vacuuming / mop
- empty bins
- make and change bed
- cleaning of rooms
- laundry / drying / ironing clothes
- washing up.
- Moving & Handling or hoisting assistance if required by employer.
- Assistance in /out of car from wheelchair/packing this in/out of car.
- Assistance with shopping and associated tasks.
- Escort to other business and social meetings/events.
- Wheelchair maintenance/cleaning.
- Battery operated wheelchair battery charging & tyre pressure check.
Working with Disabled Employers
To provide assistance at the right time, enabling the employer to lead an independent/individual lifestyle in their own home within the community.
The PA should understand their role to assist with the self-defined needs of their disabled employer, and feel confident to ask what these needs are, and listen to requests and follow directions given.
The PA should:
- meet the jobs physical requirements (eg.moving & handling)
- Arrive at the required times ready to work.
- Contact immediately if going to be more than 15 minutes late.
- Establish close working relationship on one to one basis.
- If problems arise, discuss & resolve immediately.
- Maintain confidentiality, respect privacy of employer.
The PAs Attitude
- Appreciate stresses & strains of disabled employer, and the effect this can have on the acceptance of help.
- Understand that the preservation of dignity & independence is important.
- Respect the possessions & equipment in the employers home.
- Use of the telephone, television, radio etc should only be with employers prior consent.
- Any questions regarding tasks should be clarified before starting.
- Duties/hours of work required may vary according to requirements.
Learning the Job
- Should be: Reliable & trustworthy, able to work on own, and as part of team.
- Work with initiative if necessary. Clean and have no unhygienic habits, willing to learn the job well, Work with initiative if necessary and able to accept responsibility
contact mosaic for an application pack Tel 0116 2318720 and more details
Job Type: Full-time and Part Time Hours
Working Times: Various hours - Days & Nights
Rates of Pay: from £9.00 per hour
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £9.00 /hour