Repair & Maintenance Operative
Have you ever imagined about a day without water? No morning cup of tea, no wake me up shower? How would you like to be a part of the team that makes sure this doesn’t happen?
As an R&M Operative you’ll respond to burst pipes and mains in our network, quickly understanding what’s happened and coming up with a plan to fix the problem. You’ll be a part of a team of up to 12 people, but you’ll work in pairs so that come rain or shine you’ll be there to make sure our customers experience the least amount of interruption to their water supply.
As a business we have a vision to become the most trusted water company by 2020. To achieve this goal we are undertaking innovative and exciting projects to improve the quality of our water, the effectiveness of our water distribution network, and overall service for our customers - which you’ll be a key part of!
Having an investigative nature to work would really help you in this job because you’ll need to understand how situations have happened and how to resolve them quickly, so making clear decisions is very important – as is being accurate when recording data. You’ll need to be a great communicator too because when you’re out at work you’ll be simplifying complex messages to our customers directly.
As a Repair & Maintenance Operative, your skills and experience will include:
• Experience of repairing and maintaining any of the following; pipelines, buildings, electrical networks, gas networks, general mechanical/ electrical repairs
• Proactive approach to work
• An awareness of working in a Health and Safety focused environment
• For the successful candidate you will receive full training when in role with the opportunity to progress and develop within Severn Trent
• The initial hours for this role are 07.30 – 16.00 Monday to Friday. Once fully trained you will be required to work a shift rota (subject to approval from hiring manager)
Severn Trent benefits include:
• Salary of up to £22,000 dependant on experience
• Fantastic Pension scheme
• 25 days’ holiday plus 8 bank holidays, with the option to buy or sell up to 5 additional days per year
• Full range of Flexible benefits such as
o SMART water – save money on your bills
o Private medical insurance
o Dental Insurance
o Childcare voucher scheme
This role can be based at any of our Nottinghamshire bases.
Who are we?
We’re a FTSE 100 water company, serving 8.1million people across the Midlands and into north and mid-Wales. Our customers, and the communities that we live and work in, are at the heart of everything we do and we’re proud to be building a lasting water legacy.
Our vision is to be the most trusted water company by 2020, delivering an outstanding customer experience, the best value service and environmental leadership. And we’ll achieve that by putting our customers at the heart of everything we do, driving operational excellence and continuous innovation, investing responsibly for sustainable growth, changing the market for the better and creating an awesome place to work.
We want our people to be part of an organisation that celebrates diversity and individual thinking as we believe a diverse and inclusive workforce is important for success. We seek to ensure that every employee and every application we receive, without exception, is treated equally and fairly.
How to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.