the UK’s leading bakery “food on the go” retailer – is expanding in the UK and is NOW HIRING! We are looking for a Retail Area Manager that is as passionate about customers and food as we are to join our team in the North West, covering Manchester and the surrounding areas!
Serving millions of hungry customers every day our products are delicious, fresh and affordable. Our shops are vibrant, down to earth and our loved and famous products speak for themselves. We want Retail / Catering Store Managers to ensure that their teams deliver a warm, friendly and happy service driving sales, service and excellent products.
The Role of a Retail Area Manager:
As an Area Manager you will be responsible for coordinating and supporting all activities within your assigned geographic area. You will train, coach and support your managers, to successfully handle the everyday issues of their busy stores. Through effective planning and the setting of business goals you will strive to make your area the most commercially viable in the business.
Key Responsibilities of a Retail Area Manager:
The Ideal Retail Area Manager:
- Pay regular visits to stores in your area and ensure that they are all running smoothly and efficiently
- Responsible for multiple Greggs stores in your area
- Increasing sales and profits through financial management, leadership and implementing best practice
- Provide support and leadership advice to Greggs managers and staff with the overall goal of ensuring the effective operation and success of Euro Garages
- Demonstrate and enforce company policies, practices and procedures
- Adhere to Greggs standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs
- Be a Line Manager / Key Contact for Managers to report to
- Maintain customer satisfaction and good public relations
- Assist in the development and progression of staff
- Take responsibility for the results in your territory
- Hold performance reviews with managers
- Hold disciplinary / investigations where necessary
- Attend monthly Area meetings, finance meetings and weekly conference calls
- Improve productivity, customer relations and service
- Coordinate, mentor and motivate managers
- Conduct store visits to assess the conditions and recommend changes
- Proposing new business / process ideas to improve productivity
- Preparing, reviewing and reporting on budgets and expenditure
- Recruit good quality managers for new and existing stores
- Help stores with staffing issues and reduce staff turnover
- Assist in the roll out process of new stores
- Review and analyse reports from stores in your area
- Check midweek sales report against previous week – report any issues affecting sales/profitability
- Ensure legal signage is in place
- Ensure site licenses are in place and up to date
- Ensure that no staff begins employment or training with Euro Garages until their starter pack and right to work documents have been approved and the employee has been assigned a payroll number
- Monitor banking and finance processes in store and deal with any theft incidents efficiently following HR guidance
- Ensure staff are promoting and upselling promotional offers
- Ensure that staff have undertook appropriate training for their role
- Assistant in the development and progression of staff and recommend internal progression where possible
- Deal with staff issues promptly and effectively under the guidance of HR
You will have a proven track record of Area Management, Cluster or Multi Site management, ideally within the food/hospitality/fast food industry and a strong competency in numeracy and computer literacy combined with a flexible can-do attitude towards working hours.
You will need to be extremely driven and self-motivated to achieve results and have a passion for team development, with a hands on approach when required.
We are looking for problem solvers who can implement change and communicate to a diverse range of colleagues, including senior stakeholders.
What we offer:
- Paid Training Programs
- Competitive Salary between
£26,000 and £29,000
depending on experience,
plus excellent benefits
- Consistent Wage Reviews
- Performance based incentives
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Discounts on food and beverages whilst on shift
- Recognition Schemes
- Join an established, successful franchise
- Company Laptop
- Company Car
- All car / travel expenses covered
- Opportunities across multiple existing high profile brands with many more to come!