Salary: £16,750 – £19,750 (pro rata for full time 37 hours per week)
The Royal Crescent and Preston Road Practice is a large friendly GP practice in Weymouth, Dorset and has been inspected and rated as Outstanding by the Care Quality Commission.
The practice has a vacancy for a clinical coder / administrator. The clinical coder works within a proven framework to redirect the flow of clinical correspondence and administration work within the practice releasing GPs to spend a greater proportion of their time with patients. Up to 80% of the patient correspondence can be completed without input from the GP.
The role involves reading, coding and taking action with patient information in a timely manner and according to practice protocols. Knowledge, understanding and ability are developed enabling complex tasks such as checking medication and booking patients directly into appointments for follow up. Regular audits are carried out by the lead GP to ensure that the clinical administration is handled safely, accurately and without incident.
This post holder will also need to fulfil the role of Medical Receptionist/Administrator with fixed shifts in the office rota and providing cover as and when required.
You will need excellent customer care skills, a good level of general education and the ability to work accurately under pressure with attention to detail.
We offer benefits including
- All employees are eligible to join the NHS Pension Scheme; the Partners make a contribution of 14.38% into the scheme on your behalf.
- The Practice has an Occupational Sick Scheme that aims to reduce the hardship for employees that may occur through absence due to illness, injury or other disability. The arrangements are intended to supplement statutory sick pay to provide additional payment during absence. The Partners fund this scheme themselves and many other GP practices do not provide this benefit for staff.
- Holiday entitlement up to 6 weeks plus bank holidays which is above the statutory requirement.
- Time off in lieu of payment may be accrued up to a maximum of 2 weeks.
- Arrangements that support employees fairly in balancing their work commitments with their personal commitments by making every effort to provide part time working hours that are flexible and responsive to family / other commitments where possible.
- An environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all staff are recognised and valued with training, development and progression opportunities available to all.
- Medical or Dental Appointments – time off with pay will be agreed for occasional Doctor, Dentist or Hospital appointments which cannot be arranged outside your normal working hours and subject to approval.
- Staff refreshments – tea, coffee, food for meetings etc.
If you are interested in this vacancy please apply now for more information and an application pack, or contact Natalie Brooks on 01305 774466.
Application Form May 2017
Clinical Coder Job Description 10-2017
Closing date : 30th October 2017