Position based in Watford, Hertfordshire, WD18 0FB
Closing date 20
Our employees are the people that make the world go round. They make sure that the cities, towns and villages that you live in are safe, clean and warm. They keep things running smoothly for people today, and for our kids tomorrow. It may not always be glamorous, but their work really matters.
To support the provision of well cleansed streets and high quality parks and open spaces within Watford and to help support the implementation of the Local Authorities Green Spaces Strategy.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience –
- To undertake grounds maintenance to a high standard in all areas of the service, including, but not limited to, cleansing, grass cutting, maintaining shrub and annual bedding, herbaceous beds, hedge lines, trees, sports areas including cricket pitches, bowls greens, tennis courts and croquet lawns, spraying, cemetery and grave works.
- To ensure machinery, plant, equipment and vehicles are clean, properly maintained and operated in accordance with agreed procedures.
- To undertake maintenance, repairs and improvements to facilities, plant and equipment, where appropriate.
- To support the application for external validation of the service through the Green Flag Award Scheme and other awards, where appropriate.
- To ensure buildings, depots and premises are safe, secure and clean, reporting any problems or issues, where appropriate, undertaking basic maintenance and decorating tasks.
- To undertake inspections, reporting problems and resolving them where appropriate.
- To undertake football pitch and other sports surface inspections and maintenance prior to use by the public.
- To ensure stock, plant and equipment are used effectively and efficiently to maximise the efficient use of its resources
Veolia is an equal opportunities employer. Job titles and job content
are presented without bias either of gender, race or disability and that
nothing in either words or illustrations indicate any role stereotyping.
- Experience of working within
an operational grounds maintenance environment including knowledge of the
use of plant, equipment and tools.
- Knowledge and experience of
horticulture techniques including hedge cutting, flower beds, shrub
maintenance, sports pitch preparation, grass cutting..
- Experience of the safe use
of pesticides. Qualifications PA1 and PA6 is essential, PA2 desirable.
- Experience of operating and
undertaking basic maintenance of machinery, including hedge cutters,
strimmers, tractors, mowing machines.
- Experience and understanding
of health and safety requirements relevant to Parks & Open Spaces and
use of correct personal protective equipment.
- A full driving licence
(valid and recognised within the UK) is essential except in exceptional