Due to the expansion programme of Springhallow School, we are seeking to appoint a secondary phase teaching assistant.
Springhallow School is a 'good', unique, all age (4-16) special school for pupils with autism and Asperger's syndrome, a centre of expertise in the field of Autistic Spectrum Disorders, and the ideal candidates will have the flexibility and willingness to work with pupils across the age range. Mainstream teaching assistants are welcome and are encouraged to apply. The post will involve working in a supportive teaching and learning team within a class setting, and you will have the opportunity to make a significant contribution at a key and exciting point in the development of the school.
You will be:
We can offer you:
- Experienced in working in a special needs setting
- Highly motivated to work with children and young people with autism and complex SEN, and be willing to learn and develop new skills
- Energetic, enthusiastic, caring, flexible and committed to being an effective team member
- Be able to demonstrate good communication skills
- Competent in Literacy and Numeracy.
- A positive, supportive and hard-working environment where everyone is valued
- The opportunity to support amazing and sometimes challenging pupils
- Excellent and personalised opportunities for continuing professional development.
The school is committed to providing equal opportunities for all.
Our website provides a wealth of information at www.springhallow.ealing.sch.uk You will receive further information in our application pack if you wish to apply. Contact the School Business Manager, Pam Wiggins, on (020) 8998 2700 or email@example.com
We are committed to safer recruitment, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS). Further information can be found at: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/disclosure-and-barring-service
Application forms to be submitted to the school by noon on Friday 27 October 2017
Monday 6 November 2017
Off Cavendish Avenue
Tel: (020) 8998 2700