The importance of your role.
Fantastic customer care is at the heart of everything we do, and as a Trainee Dispensing Assistant you’ll be part of helping customers and patients feel good. It’s everything from the clear advice and care you’ll be trained to offer them, to learning about the wide ranges of services we provide.
This is a great opportunity to develop your pharmacy career and make a difference to the lives of our patients.
How will you do it?
With different types of pharmacies all over the UK, we’re giving patients the very best care and attention with the services we offer. You will be learning how to provide healthy lifestyle advice and health services to our patients through great conversations as well as delivering the technical aspects of supplying medicines.
This is often a fast paced environment, and you will interact with many different people, and will be a core member of the pharmacy and healthcare team.
What you’ll be doing day to day
It’s all about providing health advice through focussed conversations with our patients, whilst giving clear, accurate answers and advice.
Your duties will include:
• Learning how to tailor conversations with every customer to ensure they leave your pharmacy feeling informed and confident about their healthcare needs
• Working towards delivering the technical aspects of the dispensary whilst ensuring the safe supply of medicines e.g.; ordering medicines, labelling, dispensing, endorsing and collection of prescriptions.
• Complying with legal and professional requirements and accepted guidance on professional practice in Boots.
• Seeking opportunities to engage with GPs and practice teams to drive services and items.
• Working towards delivering efficient dispensary operations and ensuring dispensing losses are minimised.
What you’ll need to have.
We’re offering you an exciting career opportunity and a chance to continue your professional journey. You will need to be prepared to work towards an NVQ Level 2 in Pharmacy Services to join us.
But it isn’t just about experience or knowledge, we’re looking for people with a genuine passion for customer care, and who will be ambassadors for healthcare in our stores. You will have the ability to build strong relationships with patients and your team, and will be able to understand individual customer needs and tailor your support and advice appropriately.
To work within our pharmacy and healthcare area you also need to have a Medicines Counter Assistant (NVQ2) qualification or equivalent. However, if you have not previously completed this, we’ll support your development to complete this training when you start with us.
If you are interested in further developing your professional career, we can support you towards achieving a NVQ Level 3 (QCF) in Pharmacy Services and a National Diploma in Pharmaceutical Science NVQ Level 3 (QCF) to become eligible to be a Pharmacy Technician. This could then lead to an Accuracy Checking Pharmacy Technician (ACPT) role. As you continue to develop your healthcare knowledge through these qualifications and roles, your pay and benefits will reflect this.
Excitingly, this is just one of several routes your career could take you within Boots!