Church Lane Primary School, Sleaford, NG34 7DF
G3: £15,807 - £17,419
Schools - Teaching
Criminal Record Check
Enhanced DBS with Childrens Barred List
Hours per week
Duration of Temp Contract
Term of 1:1
Politically Restricted Post
Contact Phone Number
The Head Teacher of this outstanding primary school in Sleaford are looking for an inspirational & dynamic 1:1 Teaching assistant to join a highly successful team. The ideal candidate will be an experienced Teaching Assistant with a proven track record of delivering consistent support.
The role will include:
- To assist an individual child developing knowledge, skills and attitudes as defined by the Curriculum.To take into account the learning support involved to aid the childto learn as effectively as possible.
- To establish supportive relationships with the pupil concerned and to encourage acceptance and inclusion of all pupils.
- To encourage social integration and individual development of pupils.To develop methods of promoting and reinforcing pupils’self-esteem and maintaining high standards of pupil behaviour
- To assist with lunch and breaktime supervision of children
- To accompany children on educational visits and outings as supervised by the Teacher.
- To assess, monitor and record children’s progress in relation to IEP’s, and to feedback to the SENCO/Teacher with regard to children’s progress and the success of IEP’s, including making recommendations for alterations to improve the effectiveness of IEP’s.
- To assess, monitor and record children’s progress, behaviour and general well being. To feedback any information(including concerns) regarding the well-being and educational needs of children to the Teacher or Headteacher as appropriate.
- To meet with teachers, SENCOs,on a regular basis to discuss improvements to the teaching practices, delivery of the curriculum and progress and concerns.
- To be aware of confidential issues linked to home/pupil/Teacher/school work and to ensure the confidentiality of such sensitive information.
- To supervise and deliver interventions to an individual or small group of children within a class under the overall control of the Teacher.
- To carry out administrative tasks associated with all of the above duties as directed by the Teacher.
- To remain aware and work within all relevant school working practices,policies and procedures.
- To be aware of and work in accordance with the school’s child protection policies and procedures,and to raise any concerns relating to such procedures.
We were graded Outstanding in all areas in October 2014 and are looking to develop this further. If this sounds just like the opportunity you have been looking for then we would like to hear from you. You can visit our website www.churchlaneprimary.org.uk
Visits to the schools are welcome and encouraged.
Closing date for applications is Thursday 28 th September 2017 at Midday
Interviews to be held Tuesday 3 rd October 2017
Lincolnshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Here at Lincolnshire County Council, we want our workforce to reflect the make-up of the community we serve. We consider ourselves to be a family friendly employer, and offer flexible working patterns.
All shortlisted candidates will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.
In accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 (Fluency Duty), the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post